Latest

10/recent/ticker-posts

10 BEST ALTERNATIVES OF MOST USED WORDS AND PHRASES OF ENGLISH VOCABULARY

English is one of the most widely spoken languages all over the world. The vocabulary of English is very vast and time to time new words are added to the vocabulary. But generally, we all have a vocabulary of English is about 500 words and we use these words again and again.


ENGLISH VOCABULARY



The topic of today's blog is very useful to enhance your English vocabulary. I have chosen the 5 most used common words and expressions in every casual English conversation. I will also give you 5 smart & useful alternate phrases to use instead of these 5 common expressions.

Let's go, I'm pretty sure that after today you're not going to use these common English words and expressions in your daily English casual conversation. Because you're going to have a more advanced English vocabulary.
 

10 BEST ALTERNATIVES OF MOST USED WORDS, PHRASES AND EXPRESSIONS OF ENGLISH VOCABULARY


ENGLISH VOCABULARY

Here is the list of 5 most used words and their alternatives phrases and words:

                    ENGLISH VOCABULARYENGLISH VOCABULARYENGLISH VOCABULARY

1. Thank you! 

Thank you is the most commonly used word of the English language. Whenever we have to thank someone, we always use the same Thank you again and again.  Now it's become very boring and ordinary to use this particular word all time.

So, today I will give you 5 alternate smart phrases to use instead of saying Thank you.

        1. You are a lifesaver

           2. You are the best

           3. What would I do without you?

           4. You shouldn't have

           5. You're a legend or you’re an angel

These are some phrases for expressing your gratitude.


2. You're Welcome!

Thank you, you're welcome now we hear this duo all time. It's become very repetitive to use the same phrases consistently. 

So, I am going to give you 5 interesting ways to say you're welcome without actually saying you're welcome.

        1. No problem or no worries

        2. I am glad to help you

        3. My pleasure

        4. It's my pleasure to help you

        5. I'm happy to help thank you 


3. I am sorry! 

I am sorry is one of the most overused phrases in the English language. We always say I am sorry for our mistakes or faults.

I would like to give you 5 different and interesting phrases for expressing your apologies. 

        1. I didn't mean

        2. It was my mistake

        3. It was my fault

        4. I should never have

        5. My bad or I regret 

           

4. Happy 

Okay so I'm happy, are you happy?, he is happy, she is happy, but I'm not that happy. Because I need 5 alternate smart phrases to use instead of the word happy. 

        1. Thrilled

        2. Blissful

        3. Ecstatic

        4. Joyous

        5. Jubilant


5. Tired 

These days in lockdown, I'm tired of doing so much work. I am also tired of using the word tired. 

Now, let me give you 5 substitute phrases that you can use to express your tiredness. 

        1. I am dead on my feet

        2. I am pooped 

        3. I am completely drained out

        4. I am dog-tired

        5. I am exhausted 


So these are some overused and common words which need to be replaced by some interesting and new words.


English most used expressions and phrases!!

ENGLISH VOCABULARY

Here is the list of 5 most common expressions and their alternatives phrases and words:

1. How you are?

How you are? Or how are you? The first most common and simple question asked in every casual conversation. And every time we use how are you? Now it's become very ordinary and old-fashioned expression. 

So today I will give you 5 alternative phrases to use rather than asking for how you are?

        1. How's it going?

        2. How have you been?

        3. How are things going?

        4. What's going on?

        5. What's up?


 2. I am fine

How are you? I am fine. We usually reply I am fine whenever someone asks for how are you? 

So now, I am going to give you 5 words and phrases for saying I am fine without actually saying I am fine.

        1. I am doing well or good

        2. I am great

        3. Not bad

        4. Pretty good no complaints or as good as can be

        5. Better than fantastic

  

3. Okay

Okie-Dokie! Let me share with you 5 alternatives words for okay without literally saying okay.

        1. Roger means copy

        2. Of course

        3. Sure

        4. Alright

        5. Righty 


4. Very nice

This is very nice, That's very nice, How nice, and Very nice, etc. We always say nice to everything for giving compliments.

Now let me share some different expressions and words for appreciating something. 

        1. It's Phenomenal

        2. How lovely 

        3. It's tremendous

        4. Incredible

        5. It's quite pretty 

Utilize these words and phrases for giving compliments or appreciating something.


 5. I think

5 ways to convey your opinion engagingly.

        1. I believe

        2. I would like to say

        3. It seems to me like... 

        4. My perspective is...

        5. I would like to express my opinion 

You can use any of these to conveying your opinion to everyone.

These are the 5 most used and frequent words used in every daily routine casual conversation which requires substitutes.

ENGLISH VOCABULARY

I hope this advanced English vocabulary will help you to make your conversation more fantastic and interesting. If you also want to share some alternative phrases for these common words and expressions then comment us below. And also tell us your favorite English words.

#LearnEnglish #AdvancedEnglishVocabulary 

Also, read our blog on Learn English through movies.


Post a Comment

4 Comments